Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baccalaureate

I wish I would have remembered to bring my camera to last night's Baccalaureate Service! (instead of some great picts of grads you only get to see the program on my blog)
When I think about all the activity that happens at our church every year, Baccalaureate really is my favorite event of the year...the graduate's testimonies, the church coming together across denominational lines, the special music...AND Dave Erharhdt, the special speaker, truly blessed us with a TIMELY WORD!!!
Thanks to the many members of our church who brought cookies for the reception! I'm seriously already looking forward to next year!
I pray Rogue River High School will continue to keep the door open to this special Christian service for the graduates! I remember when I graduated RRHS in 1996 (Go Chieftains) my Baccalaureate service was one of those "life-changing moments you never forget"!
That's why I volunteered to lead Baccalaureate several years ago. As long as the Lord keeps me in Rogue River, I will do everything in my power to keep Baccalaureate alive!

No comments: