Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Not To Get Caught / youth group

I am so thankful for our team of volunteers leading our youth ministry!
Melisma Ramos took over the leadership several months ago. I so APPRECIATE her willingness to simply try. I want our church to be a place of FREEDOM where members can volunteer in different ministries, finding how God has shaped them for ministry. Everyone is a minister! Everyone needs a ministry. Because she is called to "helps" and because of her work schedule, I am once again at the healm for the youth ministry team...
I am not overwhelmed by the many hats I wear as lead pastor, because I believe in TEAM ministry. Most every task I do at New Beginnings...I am surrounded by a TEAM of volunteers...THANK YOU JESUS!

The last few Wednesday Evenings, I have been teaching the youth group:
HOW NOT TO GET CAUGHT...
Part 1: when temptation wins
Part 2: sexual temptation
Part 3: how not to give-in to fit-in
Part 4: saying NO to temptation

Remember, Wednesday Evenings at 6:30pm there are Family Groups for all ages...
Pastor Lorin is leading Adult Bible Study in the Fellowship Hall (Kirkwood Hall), Mrs. Shelli is leading Kids Club in their new big space (the Lerma Center), and Youth Group has their own space in a newly painted room behind the sanctuary (BUT, we are working on a plan to turn the "old house" on the back of our property into a Youth Center)
Maybe the Lord is putting it on your heart to begin a new family group?
Or you are welcome to join us in one of the 3 existing groups!
(by the way, we aren't picky on age groups...there's alot of us "old people" in youth group)

Oh and, you may be wondering about the Homebuilders ministry... If there is a couple that would like to try to lead it, I have plenty of material to help? Or, I may be planning to do a Homebuilders workshop once in awhile...

No comments: